Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Analyst PSJH to our location in Renton WA, Seattle WA or Portland OR.
This position is part of our Health Information Exchange (HIE) team focusing on system wide community engagement and adoption. Responsible for promoting HIE and acting as a liaison between various stakeholders and project management support. We need an enthusiastic personality who can share the HIE benefits and increase membership adoption. Excellent communication skills plus the ability, experience speaking and collaborating with physicians and ministry executives is required. This activity will be distinguished by an ability to work independently, with minor supervision and an ability to interact confidently and effectively with Senior Ministry Executives to achieve solutions to complex business strategies. Healthcare experience and EHR workflow knowledge is a plus.
We are seeking a Senior IS Analyst PSJH to perform complex analysis, technical support and project management. This position is responsible for working with project sponsors, IT site directors, ministry leaders and project managers to assess, analyze and develop business needs and requirements for potential IS projects/initiatives. Responsible for acting as a liaison between various stakeholders to provide business analysis support, application support analysis, and project management support. This activity will be distinguished by an ability to work independently, with minor supervision and an ability to interact confidently and effectively with Senior Ministry Executives to achieve solutions to complex business issues. This position reports to a Supervisor, Manager or Director, IS.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to explore new processes and tools/systems which will improve metric tracking, ensure efficient processes and increase knowledge sharing.
- Especially for larger issues or projects and enhancements, analyzes, diagnoses and determines the root cause of an issue and either solves it or passes it to the responsible resources, internally or externally, for remediation.
- Serves as a mentor for junior colleagues; provides training as needed and informal guidance on a regular basis. Can perform all functions and responsibilities of an IT Analyst position in addition to those defined for IT Sr Analyst position.
- Has extensive knowledge and experience to resolve issues without other team member guidance.
- Proactively identifies and communicates key business and technical risks to both IT staff/leaders and ministry business staff/leaders. Evaluates, installs and helps maintain Healthcare Information Systems for stability and 100% uptime to meet Health System requirements.
- Assures that project requirements are accurately identified and documented, business needs defined, and any assumptions or limitations documented. Develops and maintains common project artifact repositories (e.g., SharePoint, Spreadsheets, Databases).
- Manages expectations and effective communication to project team members, sponsors, stakeholders, business leaders, IT Site Director, as well as internal and external IT stakeholders and leaders.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System or related field Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 5 years work experience in related field and in analysis, project management, support and process improvement in a business or healthcare environment.
- 10+ years of experience in a rapidly changing environment requiring multi-tasking and attention to details.
- 4+ years directly supporting customers via phone and in person providing clear verbal and written communication. Occasional night and weekend work. Pager and/or Cell Phone for on-call requirements.
- Ability to analyze information gathered by investigation, and report findings and recommendations.
- Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
- Subject matter expertise must meet a minimum level of Tier 3 in area of support.
- Intermediate understanding of system integration principles and concepts
- Personally takes the lead in creating an environment that encourages open and honest communication at all levels in the organization
- Basic Math Skills.
- Ability to operate and use standard office equipment.
- Generally less than 25% travel.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year experience leading a team.
- 8 years supporting or working in the Area of Specialization/Support or 10 years of IS support in a similar area in a Healthcare environment. Vendor Application Certification or specialized training.