Globecomm is a leading connectivity provider of video, voice, and data to the most remote locations on Earth — and under the most treacherous conditions. The company’s comprehensive Satellite, Fiber, Cellular, and CDN infrastructure and services provide robust connectivity over Land, Sea and Air with zero downtime for mission-critical RF and IP communications serving Government, Maritime, Media, Energy, Enterprise, Wireless, and IoT customers in over 100 countries. Along with world-class network system design and integration capabilities, Globecomm specializes in end-to-end hosted and managed services; broadcast and media infrastructure, virtualization, OTT and IPTV solutions; cloud-based services for private network interactive training, distance learning and corporate communications; and Satellite, Wireless, Internet of Things/M2M solutions and services.
The Senior IP Engineer, Implementation is responsible for the implementation, administration and maintenance of all production networks and other mission critical technical systems. The Senior IP Engineer, Implementation will be working closely with engineering and will ensure that all new solutions and proposed changes to the production networks are carefully reviewed for compatibility, that risks are identified and potential impact are minimized.
- Lead a team of engineers in the implementation of new solutions into the production networks.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation of projects, as implemented.
- Provide training and documentation to ensure a smooth hand-off of implemented projects to the IP Operations team.
- Serve as level 3 escalation point in the troubleshooting and repair of network problems.
- Provide network operations support in a 24x7 environment, as needed.
- Perform the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Ensure that newly implemented solutions and configuration changes comply with the corporate security policies.
- Communicate and interact with IP Network Managers to ensure coordination and cross-training.
- Work withEngineering team in the design of network enhancements and expansions.
- Recommend new processes, procedures, equipment, and software.
- 6-8years of industry related experience.
- CCNP certification.
- Working knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Strength in operation of static routing and dynamic routing protocols, such as RIPv1, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP.
- Advanced knowledge and working experience with IP Telephony, VoIP, and IP Video Teleconference equipment.
- Experience with VPN and IPsec technologies.
- Strong networktroubleshooting skills and the ability to confidently work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with external and internal customers.