The Sr. IoT Business Development Manager is a sales professional that actively prospects for new business relationships that drive revenue for Sprint. Responsible for working with companies to implement new business initiatives to drive strategic revenue in the IoT space. Manages a small base of customers that they sell, with primary role to market Sprint IoT services to new customers. Responsible for opportunity and account planning to identify new opportunities, managing their sales funnel, accurately forecasting their business, and closing new business. Sr. BDMs collaborate with customer executives, strategic partners, and internal Sprint resources to develop IoT solutions that can be marketed to companies that are involved in the expanding IoT market.
The Senior IoT Sales Specialist will be responsible for working with Enterprise customers and Sprint sales teams to solve business problems through IoT solution selling and connecting products. The role requires a consultative selling approach with experience in deal negotiation up to the C-level. This role includes driving the strategy and managing the entire sales cycle – from identifying the right solutions or partnerships and building a competitive value proposition to negotiating through close.
Must have valid driver's license; three consecutive years of active driving history, successfully complete driver's safety training, and otherwise comply with Sprint's Driver Safety Policy and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience (twelve years work related post high school).
- Seven years of business to business sales experience with high tech sales.
- Three years of selling complex Machine to Machine services as lead salesperson or customer facing solutions engineer, specifically focused on new logos or pure prospects.
- Extensive Knowledge of the IoT echo-system including, Infrastructure, Systems, Cloud, Modules and Platforms.
- Demonstrated success of meeting and exceeded sales targets and sales leadership.
- Solid business acumen
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong executive presence.
- Seven years' experience in complex solutions/applications.
- Ten years' experience with negotiating and closing large multiyear complex deals.
- Combination of twelve years' sales and customer facing engineering experience.