$100K — $150K *
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a passionate software engineer with expertise in iOS development to play a key role leading the development of our consumer-facing iOS and Flutter applications. In this role, you will help establish a technical roadmap, paving a path forward for our ambitious Apple Watch and mobile apps. You will work with product managers, designers, and a cross-functional group of engineers to design and develop the best fitness apps on the market today. If you have a high bar for user interfaces and user experience and love to solve challenging problems with creative architectures, Tonal is the place for you. You'll join a highly collaborative, cross-functional team working as part of an agile development process to regularly release new software that works closely with our unique and custom hardware products.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of complex features on our Apple Watch app and native features within our Flutter mobile app
- Manage the technical architecture of our Apple Watch app
- Help make software architecture designs to pave the way for long-term growth
- Support other team members in their professional development through code reviews and professional mentorship
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience in iOS software development, including Apple Watch
- Previous success developing and releasing professional mobile apps
- Experience working within agile development processes that include a regular release cycle
- Very strong attention to detail, both in code and in visual design
- Team player, interested in working collaboratively to be greater than the sum of our parts
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science
- Experience in Flutter software development
- Experience in video software development
- Experience with Apple Health and/or Google Fit
- Experience in tvOS software development
Valid through: 7/9/2021