As the market leader in software solutions for automotive manufacturers, dealers and consumers, our mission is to transform the way people buy, own and sell cars. We need talented, passionate people working together to achieve this and are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and commitment to creating the best customer experience possible.
The mobile engineering team builds and maintains industry-leading mobile capabilities and applications across domains that include inventory management, acquisition, merchandising, and customer relations management. Our approach is based on solid architectural and development best practices that focus on shared components, reusable code, and cross-project collaboration to accelerate time-to-market while also minimizing duplicated code. We strive to deliver the best mobile experience possible.
Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience in native mobile iOS development with Swift to join our Austin, TX based team full-time. The primary responsibilities are building, maintaining and improving native components and applications and helping mature our mobile development practice.
- Develop and maintain new and existing shared components and mobile applications
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, Product Management and other teams
- Drive projects to completion by collaborating with peers to overcome blockers
- Contribute to multiple codebases by helping to identify areas of improvement and to establish common design patterns
- Help define architecture of components and applications
- Influence product direction in the vehicle inventory management and merchandising domains
- Provide thought leadership on mobile development excellence and best practices
- Help develop others by participating in code reviews, sharing knowledge and mentoring
- Stay current with the evolution of iOS, Swift and other mobile technologies
- Develop POCs for new and innovative ideas
- Respond quickly to production issues and see them through to resolution
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience with 4+ years of experience in iOS, Swift and Objective-C
- Demonstrated experience developing and releasing native iOS applications
- At least one publicly available application in the iTunes app store (current or previous)
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A great deal of passion for code quality, usability
- Solid problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- A high-energy, confident and self-motivated individual who is not afraid to learn and challenge the status quo
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Experience writing and/or debugging RESTful services is a plus