Maps take a whole new turn. Offering a host of innovative features, Maps makes finding and getting to your destination faster and easier than ever. With turn-by-turn spoken directions, interactive 3D views, and proactive suggestions, as well as new indoor maps and lane guidance, Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Our team is seeking a talented software engineer with proven software engineering skills to help create and innovate the next generation Maps experience on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS while overseeing and mentoring junior engineers. Can you think clearly, have uncommon sense, innovate down to the very last details, and drive what matters? With your passion, enthusiasm, and dedication, there is no telling what you can accomplish. Join the MapKit team and build a Maps experience that will delight millions of customers every day!
- * Experience with Objective-C or C++ or other system level programming languages and app development concepts such as concurrency and threading (including Grand Central Dispatch), memory management with MRR and ARC, embedded software constraints, and performance analysis
- * Git and Xcode
- * Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- * Ability to work with cross functional engineering teams.
- * Experience in delivering complex software releases on tight schedules with high quality.
- * Commitment to developing automated testing infrastructures for your work.
- * Passion for product quality and attention to detail
- * Love mentoring junior engineers
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent