Position Title: Senior iOS Engineer
Reporting To: Chief Technology Officer
Location: This position can be based in one of our four geographic hubs, which include Newton, MA (Boston-area); Chapel Hill, NC; New York, NY; and Minneapolis, MN or it can be remote from elsewhere within the United States. Note that all employees in Well offices must adhere to our COVID Vaccination Requirement Policy.
The Senior iOS Engineer that Well is interested in is a user interface software engineer who will help in the development of a world-class, highly-scalable iOS user interface for our engagement and behavior change platform. This engineer is expected to collaborate with designers and software engineers to design, develop, deploy, and maintain Well’s iOS app in all phases of the agile development and application lifecycle. Ownership, self-motivation, teamwork, and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Consistently deliver new user interface functionality aligned with design and product requirements in a rapid, high quality manner
- Work with the design team to evaluate designs, reduce complexity, and increase time to market for user interface enhancements and features
- Take ownership of key user interface components and functionality. Promoting best practices and architectures to improve the quality and maintainability of Well’s iOS user interface
- Be a key contributor and participant of the iOS user interface team in the software development lifecycle by participating in code reviews, quality assurance, and production monitoring duties
- Familiar with modern mobile technologies such as Swift, RxSwift, Carthage/Cocoapods, Reveal, Figma, Zeplin, etc.
- Start-up like mentality and desire to innovate at pace and with ownership
- Ability to meet committed timelines
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of iOS Software Development experience
- Experience in the build out and support of a modern mobile application at scale
- Experience in modern Swift (Objective-C is a plus!)
- Experience with using open source libraries to expedite delivery of an application including dependency management with tools like Carthage or Cocoapods
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Proven experience in rapid mobile development at scale while preserving an innovative mindset
- Experience using agile methodologies to ensure rapid delivery of features in a secure and robust manner
- Experience working with teams utilizing modern infrastructure, cloud, and information security systems and techniques
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate a start-up atmosphere
- Build distribution experience with tools such as Fastlane, Bitrise, TestFlight, Firebase, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the iOS ecosystem’s best practices