VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we've expanded to over 400 employees globally. It's an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
About The Role
We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an experienced iOS engineer to join the team and help build out an ambitious roadmap. The ideal candidate has a passion for user experience as well as meticulous attention to detail.
You'll help build a mobile experience that allows landlords and property professionals to deliver the ultimate tenant experience. As a Senior iOS engineer, you'll have ownership over the Rise suite of apps that enable asset and property managers to power their portfolio-wide operations and provide a premium experience to tenants, building operators, and visitors.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with multiple teams to help define a mobile experience
- Work on shipping high quality mobile first products
- As a cornerstone engineer, you'll have high impact and ownership over technical decisions and problems we solve
- Have organization wide impact through your work and departmental initiatives such as brown bags, recruiting, being a mentor, etc
Some technical challenges you'll help solve:
- Mobile users are some of the happiest customers @ VTS - How do we drive more usage on our mobile app?
- How do we operate at scale and support accelerating growth?
- Help us leverage iOS platform features to deliver great mobile experiences that support our users while they're working in the field and on-the-go
- Help us collaborate to ship efficiently and concurrently with our Android app
- Help us implement new features while paying down technical debt
- Help us leverage sound OOP practices to reduce code and improve reusability
- 3+ years experience working as an iOS engineer shipping apps to the App Store
- Experience building iOS apps with Swift
- Experience delivering high-quality native mobile experiences for consumers or enterprise customers
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, TDD, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
- A view of problems as opportunities―a continuous improvement mindset
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working at a product focused company
- Experience building iPhone & iPad apps
- Experience working with across our mobile stack - we are 100% Swift, utilizing Alamofire, CocoaPods, Fastlane, Quickspec, XCTest, and more
- Experience working with NFC, BLE, RFID, Raspberry Pi, and IoT integrations
- Experience with the rest of our stack - we use Node.js, Angular, Mongo, AWS
- Experience with microservice and event-driven architectures
- Experience operating in larger engineering teams (50+ engineers)
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We're employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you're building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.