ABOUT THE ROLEOur mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an experienced iOS engineer to join the team and help build out an ambitious roadmap. The ideal candidate has a passion for user experience as well as meticulous attention to detail.
You’ll build a mobile experience that helps brokers and landlords manage the lifecycle of a commercial real estate deal from new lead to close, all on the go. As a Senior iOS engineer, you’ll build the app that enables CRE professionals to stay on top of their deal activity, leverage visualizations and insights to manage risks, and gets them the right information they need to close high stakes deals quickly.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with multiple teams to help define a mobile experience
- Work on shipping high quality mobile first products
- Work across the full stack in our rails app to deliver mobile functionality
- As a cornerstone engineer, you’ll have high impact and ownership over technical decisions and problems we solve
- Have organization wide impact through your work and departmental initiatives such as brown bags, recruiting, being a mentor, etc.
Some Technical Challenges You'll Help Solve
- Mobile users are some of the happiest customers @ VTS - How do we drive more usage on our mobile app?
- Help us rethink our app wide notification strategy, starting with mobile
- Help us reimagine our core user experiences like navigation across the app
- Help us build out custom functionality for our iPad app
- Support localization and internationalization efforts as we continue our expansion in Europe
- 3+ years experience working as an iOS engineer shipping apps to the App Store
- Experience delivering high-quality native mobile experiences for consumers or enterprise customers
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, TDD, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
Nice to Haves
- Experience working at a product focused company
- Experience building iPad apps
- Experience working with across our mobile stack - we are a mostly Swift app with a dash of Objective-C, utilize CocoaPods, CircleCI, Fastlane, Quickspec, XCTest
- Experience with the rest of our stack - we use Rails, Angular/React, PostgreSQL, Heroku, ElasticSearch
- Experience operating in larger engineering teams (20+ engineers)
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity & 401K
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
- VTS clubs including rock climbing, skiing, baking, board-games, surfing, softball and more