As an engineer on UI Systems, you will…
- Build the core UI frameworks and design tooling needed to deploy, maintain, and test our design system and user interfaces at scale (we have 1000s of screens across all our 14+ products).
- Work closely with designers on UI systems, and across Square, to build a scalable design system for our mobile apps. This includes everything from simple UI elements like buttons up to custom navigation stacks and hierarchies and whatever's in between.
- Work with all engineers on UI systems across Android, iOS, and web to ensure we're building in a consistent and cohesive way on all three platforms. We're aiming for consistency in APIs across platforms when possible.
- Embed with Square's product teams to evangelize and adopt our new design system, core frameworks, and design tools.
- Help set the overall direction for our UI Systems as the team grows and establishes itself in 2019 and 2020.
You'll need to…
- Be proficient in Swift for iOS
- Have a deep understanding of how to build UI on iOS using native frameworks.
- Be interested in design and design systems, plus making them work at scale.
- Want to build frameworks, UI components, and design tools for consumption across Square.
- Worked closely with product designers to ship polished end-to-end UI.
And it would be great if you have…
- Existing experience working on design systems or UI systems.
- Worked with declarative UI frameworks like SwiftUI, Jetpack Compose, etc.