We’re Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, that connects consumers to buy discount gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. We’re partnered with over 400 national brands, offering retailers a new form of digital payment, while incentivizing consumers to make their money worth more.
Since our launch in 2013, we’ve saved millions of consumers more than $140 million! and have received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
As a Senior iOS Engineer you will aim to enhance Raise's app across several, meaningful updates rather than all at once. Raise.com likes to work carefully but iterate quickly, and likes to spend time choosing the right tools for the job. They value on-the-job learning and skills development, so while working knowledge of ReactiveCocoa/MVVM is a plus, it’s not required—they're happy to help you expand your skillset.
When it comes to work product, the ideal candidate prioritizes user needs over the technical feasibility of implementing them, and appreciates a meticulous attention to detail when it comes to designing an app’s look and feel. You know how to prioritize considerations like performance and accessibility. Most of all, you care about people and making their lives better through your work.
- Partner with mobile engineers, designers, product managers, researchers, and data scientists to develop highly functional and elegantly delightful experiences that enrich the lives of Raise members
- Write maintainable code efficiently within an environment that emphasizes thoughtful design, continuous integration and rapid deployment
- Break down daunting problems into manageable pieces and efficiently complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Research industry trends and best practices
Skills & Qualifications
- You’re curious - you’ve developed a customer-facing mobile app as part of a team before and perhaps you’ve released a few apps of your own
- Experience writing Swift 3 required; Objective-C, ReactiveCocoa, React Native or RIBlets a plus
- Experience with CocoaPods and automated continuous integration/deployment
- Experience implementing Apple Pay via payment SDKs such as Stripe or Braintree
- Experience using storyboards and Auto Layout for view management
- Experience parsing JSON APIs into secure local storage, such as with Realm
- Familiarity with Apple Push Notification service, along with iOS frameworks and libraries such as the Swift Standard Library, MapKit, Core Graphics, and others
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews and mentorship
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparableexperience
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match that is 100% vested from day one, company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Raise Gives Back, paid time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Credits for employees
- Company provided snacks, coffee and soda
- Voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance and Identity Protection