Senior iOS Developer
Blackboard is shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we’re inspiring people to find new ways to learn, connect and drive change in the way education is delivered and experienced. Through technology and services, we bring people closer to the knowledge they seek and to ways they can change their own education and the world for the better.
The Blackboard Community Engagement products are mobile and communication solutions specifically designed for K-12 education. The Senior Software Engineer will play an integral role in engineering and developing the Blackboard Community Engagement family of mobile apps.
Specifically, his/herresponsibilitieswill be to:
- Develop and modify the Blackboard K-12 Community Engagement family of mobile apps for the iOS platform
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with clients, to determine software or system functional specifications
- Respond to the unique challenges of delivering and maintaining cloud-based software. This includes troubleshooting live production environments, minimizing downtime, and responding to client-reported issues.
- Oversee the implementation of these solutions under the direction of the Director of Product Development, and provide technical input as required
- Continue to update your technical expertise by studying state-of-the-art development technologies, tools and programming techniques
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 2+ years working experience in iOSmobile application development
- 3+ years working experience in a programming/software development field
- Solid knowledge of Objective-C. Swift experience is a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- A strong, demonstrable work ethic
- Ability to work independently and on a team of engineers
- Full stack development experience with the technologies we use on the server: Python, Django, and/or MySQL
- Experience with the Git source control system
- Experience working in an agile development environment