?GATX: Who are we?
We are known worldwide as a leader in leasing transportation assets and control one of the largest railcar fleets in the world. The key to our long-term growth and success is attracting and retaining the most talented people from around the world.
We seek individuals who are creative, intuitive, driven, intellectually curious and eager to join a dynamic organization where high-quality work, collaboration and dedication are deeply woven into the corporate culture.
What will you be doing?
Provide economic analysis and analytical support for evaluating business opportunities and investment decisions including asset acquisitions, asset dispositions and transaction structuring. Candidates should have a solid educational background, have outstanding quantitative and modeling skills, and good understanding of financial theory, tax and accounting concepts as they relate to both investment analysis and transaction structuring.
- Perform economic analyses of proposed domestic and international investments including: single investorlease structures, lease syndications, portfolio acquisitions, asset restructuring and business acquisitions. Analyses are performed by utilizing existing models, including commercially available lease pricing software, or by developing unique spreadsheet models.
- Participate within a deal team to structure proposed transactions and participate in the closing process. May conduct accounting and tax research related to both structuring domestic and international transactions.
- Support ongoing fleet / investment portfolio management and financing activities.
- Must be able to work concurrently on multiple projects independently, solve problems, and produce accurate work through self-checks.
- Will interact with all levels of management, as well as deal advocates, portfolio and fleet management staff and internal specialists (e.g. accounting, tax, operations) and must be able to communicate assumptions, results, issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
What is required of you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Transportation, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Statisticsrequired.
- MBA or MS with an emphasis in quantitative analysis techniques is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5years of financial analysisexperience in investment analysis, capital investment, lease pricing, business valuation or similar activities with an emphasis on cash flow modeling.
- At least 2years of experience in design, development, testing and implementation of applications with Visual Basic or equivalent experience with other general purpose programming languages is required.
- Demonstrated understanding, commensurate with experience, of financial concepts, capital market theory, relevant tax and accounting principles.
- Exposure to statistical analysis, probability theory and simulation techniques.
- Advanced level Excel skills and general level skills of Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to collaborate effectively with others.
- Experience with database management systems a plus.