The primary function of the Associate, Internal Controls is to execute complex Internal Controls testing.
LOCATION: Dallas, TX 75201 (Remote till 2022)
POSITION: Direct Hire / Perm Position
SALARY: 115k Total Comp / Base Salary plus Bonus
BENEFITS: Excellent benefit plans, 401k, Discount Dart Pass and much more!
In addition the Associate will provide some direct coaching and supervision to less experienced team members as part of Internal Controls processes. The Associate must perform testing in a timely manner, ensuring all Internal Controls quality standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk; formulates findings and presents the results to the relevant Internal Controls manager(s).
- Executes control design assessments and operating effectiveness testing over high complexity areas as part of Internal Controls reviews and activities.
- Conducts post-Internal Controls high complexity follow-up to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken by management to address Internal Controls recommendations.
- Documents Internal Controls testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant Internal Controls standards.
- Demonstrates proactively in professional development activities.
- Attends professional training and maintains professional certifications.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meet the company's standards.
- Starts participating in the design of Internal Controls test stops.
- Supervises and provides coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of Internal Controls reviews and activities. As such, starts reviewing and challenging the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
- Starts participating in the drafting of Internal Controls recommendations to be presented to the Internal Controls manager(s).
- Ensures fieldwork is completed within the budgeted timeframe.
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent field.
- 3-5 years of Public Accounting, Audit or Internal Controls.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Detail orientated with strong organizational kills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding skills
- Proficient command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Licenses & Certifications
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant
- CIA - Certified Internal Auditor
- CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner
- CBA - Certified Bank Auditor