Responsible for planning, executing and performing completion procedures for financial, operational and compliance audits primarily in the Americas, coordinating with the external auditors, completing special projects as the needs arise and preparing materials for senior management and the Audit Committee.
Work locations could be Warsaw, IN / Westminster, CO / Parsippany, NJ / Palm Beach Gardens, FL OR potential remote work locations near Warsaw, IN (Chicago, IL / Indianapolis, IN, etc.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently lead (from planning through completion) financial, operational and compliance audits.
- Develop superior knowledge about Zimmer’s businesses, its significant risks and the industry in general; develop strong partnership relationships with key business people in order to provide superior audits and value-added recommendations for process/risk management improvements.
- Assist in leading special projects which include items such as M&A due diligence, implementing new systems/processes, and fraud and hotline investigations.
- Assist in the preparation of material to be distributed and presented to the Audit Committee of the Zimmer Board of Directors.
- Assist with the implementation of technology and other initiatives aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit department.
- Keep informed on current issues and trends involving internal audit and compliance audit best practices, relevant GAAP, SOX regulatory requirements, Audit Committees and other applicable corporate governance issues.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Must have demonstrated outstanding communication skills (written and verbal), strong analytical skills, excellent organizational skills, superb interpersonal skills, teamwork, sound problem identification/solving skills, and be detail oriented.
- Ability to lead a team, influence others and handle increasing levels of responsibility.
- Assumes a broad view and accepts accountability that supports the project within area of responsibility, ability to achieve objectives and work through obstacles.
- Ability to lead multiple, complex projects
- Strong understanding of SOX auditing
- Must be exceptionally bright, self-confident, motivated, hands-on, a self-starter, require minimum direction and will possess a stand-up personality with the courage of one’s convictions.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn other software.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and/or SAP ERP packages is a plus.
- Spanish or Portuguese language proficiency a strong plus
A college degree is required in accounting with demonstrated academic success. Minimum of 4 years of public accounting experience with a “Big 4” firm or large national or regional public accounting firm 5-7 years of overall professional work experience in an auditing/accounting role, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, experience in a manufacturing or health care environment or with a global publicly traded company either in an internal audit or finance role is a plus. Must be a C.P.A. C.I.A. or a candidate. An M.B.A. or C.F.E. designation would be a plus.