$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
This role assists our overall business advisory and assurance function in sustaining our SOX compliance activities, building operational capability related to developing, deploying and exploiting embedded and emerging best practices across Just Energy, and builds required skills to rotate into a business function with our company over the next three years if so desired.
• Comprehensive understanding of SOX Compliance in an international environment.
• Exhibits a strong understanding of business risks, controls, testing methodologies as they relate to financial reporting assurance and SOX controls.
• Further demonstrates an ability to learn operational risks as they apply to the execution of business strategies.
• Evaluating and documenting the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting including, but not limited to,
o understanding the requirements of the control suite and financial statements.
o obtaining adequate and relevant documentation to substantiate control conclusions.
o interpret supporting documentation, and
o adequately documenting design and operating effectiveness reviews.
• Identifies and documents internal control deficiencies and remediation plans, including monitoring progress and status of remediation plans.
• Prepares clear and concise work papers to applicable professional standards.
• Works independently with limited coaching.
• Interacts with external auditors and business partners on resolution of identified control failures.
• Participates in walkthroughs and update business process flows.
• Ensures our SOX risks, controls and other documentation remains current while initiating and executing continuous improvement activities, as needed.
• Partners with business/operations, IT and corporate process owners to help ensure ongoing compliance with quarterly SOX 302 processes.
• Performs ad hoc information requests and participates on strategic initiatives for business process improvement activities.
• Assists with learning and development material creation for cross-functional risk and control initiatives.
• Five years related work experience, with at least three in a Big-Four or Nationally-recognized audit firm, or Fortune 500 Company internal audit function.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of leadership.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to present findings to multiple levels within our organization.
• Ability to lead multifunctional, multilocational teams and coach more overall experienced team members in areas they may have less specific experience than the candidate.
• Working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP; history of adopting accounting changes preferred
• Bias to listen, understand and suggest actions, even when findings may not be positive.
• Undergraduate degree in finance/accounting from an accredited college or university; Master's in accounting, finance or business administration desired.
• Certified/Chartered Public Accountant, CPA exam parts taken and passed.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14