- Information technologyaudits involve testing application controls, data integrity, systems development, software acquisition and implementation, organization and operation controls, hardware and systems software, physical and logical security / access controls, program change controls, back~up and disaster recovery processes and procedures, and other areas as assigned.
- The Senior Internal Auditor ~ IT conducts annual external audit procedures, performs fraud investigations and assists in certain due diligence examinations and other special projects as deemed necessary.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts independent complex information technology, policy and compliance audits throughout Advocate Health Care and its subsidiaries and affiliates. This will include annual audit plans, including government sanction reviews
- Prepares neat, well organized and documented work papers and report drafts/memorandums in accordance with Internal Audit Standards.
- Performs investigations of suspected fraud or misappropriations, assist in due diligence reviews of proposed affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, and complete special projects as assigned.
- Provides operational, information technology, policy and compliance audit support to the Internal Audit Department through information sharing and training.
- Performs sample selections through the ACL software for the Internal Audit team members.
- Participates in department quality assurance efforts by planning weekly activities, reporting work~in~process, and completing administrative assignments in a timely manner.
- Provides recommendations for quality and audit process improvements.
- Participates in the development of the Audit Plan by preparing risk assessments for potential future financial, operational, information technology, policy and compliance audits for consideration in the annual Audit Plan.
- Summarizes in a timely manner selected risk rated audit findings identified in audits and reviews for the quarterly Internal Auditreport along with additional information that may be requested.
- Performs follow~up in a timely manner of selected risk rated audit findings.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Information Systems / Computer Science
- 6 or more years IT Auditexperience
- Proficient knowledge of the COBIT framework, COSO Internal Control Framework and International Professional Standards of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of auditsampling software (ACL) PC software proficiency (e~mail, word processing, spreadsheet creation and manipulation, researching).
- Excellent communication and technical skills.
- Project management skills.
Job ID: 77507