Omron is an award winning company headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL that offers its employees opportunities for career growth, a true work-life balance and a culture that recognizes the importance of giving back to society.
Omron is a forward thinking and innovative company known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike.
- Our Center of Excellence mentality offers a total solution to our internal customers.
- We believe in improving lives and contributing to a better society.
This position assists the Internal Audit Manager for the Americas Region in the planning and performance of internal audits (financial, operational, compliance, and others) and special projects as assigned. Also, the Senior Internal Auditor will establish and maintain relationships with senior management and provide regular feedback on ongoing initiatives.
- Plan and perform audits to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in accordance with the audit methodology set forth by the Global Internal Audit Dept (GIA-HQ).
- Perform fieldwork for planned audits inclusive of J-SOX, Fraud Control, Legal Compliance and Management Audits for various business units in the Region, and documenting work papers to evidence the tests performed as well as the resulting findings.
- Communicates audit findings with the respective auditee management and the Global Internal Audit Dept (GIA-HQ) in Japan via video conferences, and prepares an audit report to accurately present findings.
- On a monthly basis, follows up on the audit report findings by preparing the Monthly Remediation Status Report for submission to GIA-HQ.
- Perform annual assessment and review of J-SOX documentation for various business processes for each of the business units.
- Communicates with a variety of stakeholders across the company on internal audit and/or internal controls issues.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Perform other internal audit related duties or other assignments on specific risks and issues as required by the company.
- Graduation from an accredited university or college, preferably with a degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, or the equivalent in audit related training or work experience.
- Certification, or working towards certification, for at least one the following designations: CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE.
- 5 years in private or public accounting and / or internal or external auditing
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational, compliance, financial, and/or information system audit techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of strategic business objectives and the internal control structure of the organization.
- Demonstrates skills to identify and analyze the auditee's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats; potential root causes; and value-added solutions that support the organization's strategic objectives.