Serve as the Lead Auditor on assigned projects. Provides accurate, consistent and timely assessment of the Gordon Food Service (GFS) area under review. Identify root cause of control deficiencies and develop practical, effective and efficient recommendations for improving internal controls and business processes.
- Adheres to the purpose and philosophy of the organization including, but not limited to, the GFS Cornerstone Values, the Gordon Family Philosophy, the GFS Mission, the GFS Code of Business Conduct, and other applicable practices of the organization.
- Plan, lead and/or conduct the financial, operational and integrated audits at all GFS locations utilizing the COSO framework, when applicable.
- Supervise and mentor the internal audit staff.
- Assist with the development of the annual Risk Assessment and Audit Plan.
- Assist external auditors with year-end audit.
- Champion a program of continuous quality improvement (self, department, and audited areas).
- Develop audit programs and special ad hoc analytical methodologies.
- Advise management on internal control issues regarding GFS acquisitions due diligence and business integrations.
- Prepares reports of findings and recommendations for management.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Effectively expresses ideas clearly and concisely. Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time for preparation.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Uses creativity to develop fresh perspectives and new ideas for issues at hand.
- Effectively leads group discussion to make progress and keep the group focused.
- Four to six years previous accounting, financial, audit (internal/external) or business analysis experience with one year previous leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or an advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required