Collect and analyze data to conduct audit that detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies. Prepares reports on findings. Conduct internal audits to review policies and procedures. Identifies risks in each audit area, and may initiate investigations to mitigate losses and strengthen controls. Recommends improvements in procedures, processes and operations across the organization. Interviews all levels of management.
· Broadly applies principles, theories and concepts related to the profession. A seasoned, experienced professional with an in-depth/full understanding of area of specialization.
· May provide recommendations regarding issues outside the bounds of defined procedures and practices. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Wide latitude for decisions within assignments, programs and projects; impact is generally limited to the project or department.
· Acts as a resource to advise, and may at times a lead the work of lower level professional and/or support employees. Generally represents the department on projects and may perform in a project leadership role.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
· Provides consulting and advisory services regarding the management of internal controls, enterprise risk management, and other operational areas
· Provides input into the Corporate Enterprise Risk Management and Assessment process and the development of the Annual Audit Plan as required by the Director of Internal Audit
· As assigned, monitors Internal Audit’s compliance with International Professional Practices Framework (IPFF) established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and provides periodic reports to the Director of Internal Audit
· Conducts Annual Internal Quality Assessment Review (QAR) of the Internal Audit Department’s adherence with IIA standards
· Identifies risks within each audit area and may initiate investigations and audits to mitigate losses and strengthen controls if warranted
· Review work papers for accuracy
· If assigned by the Director of Internal Audit, monitors ERCOT’s standards of conduct and ethical relationships with market participants, stakeholders, regulators, suppliers, and employees
· Drafts and issues reports and other formal communications on the results of each audit
· Provides training to new employees and contractors along with refresher training for current employees about audit process, procedures, and proposed operational changes
· Petitions management for investigations and audits to mitigate losses and strengthen controls if warranted
· Interfaces with external auditors when engaged to jointly review, evaluate and report findings on internal processes, controls, and business results
· Oversees report draft and editing, and reviewing work papers for accuracy that are done by more junior audit team members
· Participates in audits at all levels of management and staff throughout the organization
· Reviews policies and procedures and other related documentation to obtain an understanding of each area being audited
· Follows the instructions and process an audit program with specific testing criteria to evaluate risks and controls within the audit area
· Ensures adequate internal controls are maintained by following up on prior audit recommendations
· Documents all work thoroughly and completely to support audit results. Adheres to the standards of the Internal Audit profession
· Assists with drafts, reports and other formal communications on the results of each audit with review by a Senior Auditor or the Director, Internal Audit
· Builds knowledge to achieve proficiency for conducting internal audits and business reviews independently
· Conducts audits with all levels of management and staff throughout the organization
· Develops an audit program with specific testing criteria to evaluate risks and controls within the audit area
· Recommends improvements in procedures, processes and operations across the organization
· Requires minimum 8 years related work experience in excess of degree requirements
· Requires minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience in auditing and a track record of proven experience in successfully leading complex operational and financial internal audits, and “first time performed” audits
· Bachelor's Degree : Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required (Required)or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
· CIA Certified Internal Auditor (Required)
· CPA Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
· CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor (Preferred)
· CFE Certified Fraud Examiner (Preferred)
· CICA Certified Internal Controls Auditor (Preferred)
Valid through: 12/9/2021