We are looking for a professional who is experienced in Accounting/Finance/Compliance and thrives on a fast paced environment with complex work, while being committed to excellence in their profession.
You will be successful in this role by performing your duties honestly, confidentially and objectively. A deep understanding of healthcare and the laws that regulate its delivery is necessary.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Supporting governance by assuring the organization of the state of the control environment.
- Assisting by reviewing the adequacy of internal controls, adherence to policies and procedures, and accuracy of reported financial activities.
- Following departmental policies and procedures as well as limited instructions in carrying out daily tasks.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
Senior Internal Auditor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems/Computer Science or other healthcare related field.
- 5 or more years of performing audits and assessing risk (financial, operational, IT and/or compliance) in a healthcare setting.
- Experience or additional coursework in: charge master, documentation, coding and billing for hospitals, accounting, auditing, system analysis, programming, or computer operations management.
- Experience with the following applications: EPIC, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Lawson and Data Analytics and Continuous Monitoring Software Solutions (ACL).