- To assist the Audit Managers and Head of Internal Audit in providing assurance on the design, establishment and operations of controls within the group.
- The work can be performed from either New York or Rocky Hill locations and involve travel to Aspen Group offices worldwide (approx. 10-15%).
- Assist Audit Managers and Head of Internal Audit on the fulfilment of the annual audit plan.
- Working either independently or in a team with an Auditor and Audit Managers to execute high quality, commercially focussed audits.
- Audit work should be conducted in a collaborative, efficient and timely manner and include the management of client expectations.
- The scope of IA activity includes reviewing the effectiveness of the control environment for all areas of the business. This includes underwriting, claims, reinsurance, finance and operational activity; and compliance with the laws and regulations.
- Expected deliveries include the scoping and planning phase through to the production of reports for senior management. This includes a collaborative and insightful contribution to the development and enhancement of management controls.
- Audit work should be conducted in compliance with CIIA guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of, and comply with, relevant regulatory requirements, practice guidance and internal policies (to include NAIC, SEC regulatory requirements and CIIA guidelines).
- Undertake other tasks in support of the Internal Audit function as directed by Audit Managers or Head of Internal Audit.
- Act in accordance with and be an advocate for the Aspen Spirit.
- Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required.
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations.
- Operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives.
- Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain collaborative business relationships.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned.
Education / Experience
- Insurance sector experience (insurance and / or reinsurance audits)
- Internal / External Auditexperience for 5+ years (Big 4 experiencepreferred)
- Knowledge / experience of Sarbanes-Oxley framework (preferred)
- Knowledge / experience of control framework (eg COSO) and risk based auditing techniques (preferred)
- Strong understanding of general risks and controls regarding core business systems/applications (preferred)
- Experience of project / change management audit (preferred)
- Professional audit, accounting qualification or Chartered Institute of Insurance Diploma (preferred)
- Degree (or equivalent)
Skills (Minimum Requirements)
- High standards and strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to team work
- Planning and organization skills
- Resilient, flexible & collaborative approach to work