Senior Internal Auditor
Air Liquide (AL) is the world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment. Present in 80 countries, with 51,500 employees and revenue of €16.4 billion in 2015, the Group has achieved a solid and sustained average annual growth (annual average over 30 years: revenue +5.8%, net profit +8.0%). In May 2016, Air Liquide closed the acquisition of Airgas, the US leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products, with 17,000 people and $5.31 billion sales as of March 2016. Internal Audit provides the Executive Management with:
- Independent and objective assurance on the level of control over operations and organizational structures, by assessing using a systematic and methodical approach, the quality and effectiveness of Internal Control, Risk Management and corporate governance systems in the Entities;
- Audit findings and recommendations contributing to improve the efficiency of operations and therefore create added value, primarily by encouraging the exchange of good practices.
Within Airgas Internal Audit Department, you will conduct assignments within Airgas mainly in the U.S. and possible trips in the Americas focusing primarily on:
- The correct implementation of Group / Airgas policies, procedures, codes and guidelines, and prevailing laws and regulations.
- The preservation of Group / Airgas assets.
- The integrity, reliability, completeness and traceability of financial and accounting information communicated both internally and externally.
- The control over operational and functional processes.
You will be located at the Airgas Head Office in Radnor, PA and reporting to the Manager of Internal Audit.. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct process / internal control reviews (operations, financials, compliance, process oriented (ability to work with limited direction / guidance).
- Identify key risks / weaknesses when evaluating business and branch processes, and make value added recommendations to mitigate risk / improve efficiency.
- Document audit tests, processes and audit findings clearly.
- Conduct follow up audits (as appropriate) to monitor management’s action plans / recommended implementations.
- Conduct / assist with fraud investigations.
- Establish constructive relationships with the audited entities / divisions both during the audit projects and on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively and efficiently communicate with Airgas Audit Manager and other auditors to enhance consistency of approaches / standards.
- Ensure independence of audit and confidentiality of information received.
- Promote internal audit as a competent partner creating value.
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgement required (analyze operational processes and related internal controls).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to various levels of management.
- Excellent team spirit.
Qualifications Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- At lease 6-7 years of progressively responsible experience in an internal audit or investigative role;
- CFE, CIA, or CPA certification is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of internal audit professional standards.
- Knowledge of fraud investigation processes / standards.
- Ability to travel 30% (mainly U.S. and possible trips in the Americas)