The SeniorInternal Auditorreports to the Senior Manager,Audit & Advisory Services,supports the Senior Manager with projects or initiatives as needed, and isresponsible for performing both InternalAudit and Organizational Integrity related duties as assigned; ensures successful completion of assignedaudit/project engagements from start to finish, appliesrisk and control concepts to all work performed, identifies potential issues, communicates identified issues to the InternalAudit Manager to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner; and validates implementation of corrective action plans resulting from work performed.
- Perform and lead Staff Internal Auditors in the performance of assigned operational, financial and compliance related Internal Audit engagements in accordance with IIA Standards and Adventist HealthCare Internal Audit Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate and assist in the assessment of risks associated with Adventist HealthCare entities, including the development of the system-wide annual audit plan.
- Apprise the Audit Manager of the status of all assigned duties and tasks in an agreed-upon timeframe.
- Perform timely follow-up reviews on auditreports to validate that appropriate corrective actions have been taken by management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, Adventist HealthCare Organizational Integrity Program, Code of Ethics and other Adventist HealthCare policies and procedures in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Supervise Staff Internal Auditors.
- Participate in AHC committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently, and manage competing priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop skills of Staff Internal Auditors
- Demonstrates strong active listening skills
- Familiarity with information technology general controls and the ability to test for their existence or occurrence
- Adapts well to new circumstances, information and challenges
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Understands general business processes and can applyrisk and control concepts as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a healthcare related field required
- Master of Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE) preferred
- Big 4 Accounting firm or large Internal Audit department experiencepreferred
- At least 5 years of progressive internal audit or equivalent experience
- Two years of experience leading projects/teams
- Practical experience with the Professional Standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) as codified in their International Professional Practices Framework