Senior Internal Audit Specialist/Associate Manager/Manager/Senior Manager
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time position that requires performance in the key functional areas of federal compliance, audit, accounting and records management, leading and executing audits, investigations and developing corrective recommendations to strengthen internal controls and reduce DAI’s risk.
Roles and Responsibilities (Grades 8-11):
- Incurred Cost Audits, solid understanding of ICAs, audits, related updates and compliance requirements.
- External Project Audits – supports various agency audits including RIG, OIG, SIGAR, OFM and other external audits engaged by such agencies, including host government taxauditsupport.
- Plans, executes and otherwise supports Internal Project Audits. Coordinates and manages implementation of recommendations with project staff.
- Prepares and executes Investigations plan in coordination with required staff.
- Assesses, analyzes and reports results of assigned investigations.
The above includes but is not limited to preparing reports, reconciliations, comprehensive analysis of transactions, support documentation, agreements and all other related documents. In this role the individual will be responsible for understanding the required information, obtaining the related information, packaging the content prior to submission to the auditor to ensure accuracy and completeness and tracking the status of requests and status of providing such information.
- Applies comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge and experience understanding Federal Regulations, FAR/AIDAR, GAAP, DCAM to work effectively with assigned audits, i.e. DCAA incurred cost audits and auditors, agency audits and auditors and similar.
- Experience with preparation of Incurred Cost Submission and related documents,
- May be required to assist in the preparation, review, submission and audit of related data and documents required or requested by various government agencies,
- Analyzes audit requests, compiles, reviews and submits selected transactions with comprehensive support to auditor for review,
- Performs audits and evaluations of project and corporate transactions and activities to determine compliance and effectiveness with established policies and procedures, regulations, applicable local laws, contract requirements and terms, and communicates with project and corporate management effectively related findings, recommendations and associated implementation.
- Reviews, evaluates and assesses soundness of records and documentation,
- Communicates effectively, apprising management on status of audits, investigations and identified risks on an on-going and timely basis,
- Works with project and corporate staff on optimizing records management, including archiving, retrieval and access,
- Identifies and communicates effective and efficient policy and procedural change recommendations.
- Additional duties may be assigned depending on evolving business needs.
Additional Responsibilities of the Manager, Internal Audit (Grade 10)
Oversees work performed by internal staff to ensure compliance with government and company auditing standards and that conclusions, recommendations and related processes are adequately identified and supported; ensuring related guidance and work papers are clear and concise.
Reviewing and, when necessary, recommending revisions to internal audit guidelines and protocols.
Work with Director, Internal Audit to develop and delivery various finance and compliance related training.
Additional Responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Internal Audit (Grade 11)
Assist Director, Internal Audit in solving company-wide compliance and auditrisks through leading internal projects, committees or task forces.
Provide support to Director as needed in leading and managing department functions.
- Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 3 years relevant experience and a master’s degree
- Grade 9: Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant professional experience a master’s degree
- Grade 10: Minimum of 9 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 7 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree
- Grade 11: Minimum of 11 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 9 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree
- Experience with indirect rate audits
- Experience with USAID, OIG and/or SIGAR audits/investigations
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple practices and cultures, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g., PivotTables, VLookups, etc.)
- Prior experience with Oracle
- Professional proficiency in Spanish