The Internal Audit department is part of the overall control/risk management environment established by executive management and the Board of Directors. The primary mission of the department and the Director of Internal Audit is to:
- Provide JDA Software’s executive management team and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with a clear understanding of the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control throughout the company,
- Assist operating and executive management teams with identifying, understanding, and assessing deficiencies and/or potential deficiencies, in those business processes and policies representing substantive risk to JDA’s ability to:
- Correctly record, report, and comply with applicable governing rules, regulations, and policies
- Operate within the defined parameters of successful or targeted performance
- Maintain appropriate levels of information security and protection
- Maintain an accountability framework for monitoring and management’s progress on corrective actions in response to identified weakness and/or potential weaknesses.
In this regard, it is the responsibility of the Director of Internal Audit to work with the company’s leadership to:
- Establish a common understanding of the company’s potential areas of substantive risk
- Develop an annual and multi-year plan which routinely evaluates those areas of risk
- Establish effective testing procedures to ensure those risks are properly and accurately assessed
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure proper visibility, attention and response to: areas of risk; deficiencies and potential deficiencies in processes and policies; progress toward the closing of any gaps identified.
To achieve these objectives, the Director of Internal Audit will provide strategic direction and leadership in the areas of Internal Auditing and Enterprise Risk Management throughout the corporation. The Director of Internal Audit will manage internal audit assignments throughout the company, utilizing internal staff and as necessary external resources, as well as performing audits in a single contributor role. The Director should make recommendations that add value ensuring maximum contribution to the entity or process under review.
SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Lead the Internal Assurance team (Internal Audit Manager and Internal Auditor)
- Perform advanced, specialized and/or managerial auditing work in multiple disciplines. Responsible for overseeing and managing complex audits; performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams; and providing expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit requirements, and information technology skills.
- Undertake comprehensive planning and risk assessments relating to each assignment to ensure that the engagement identifies potential business risks.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that detailed audit work is effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk, thus ensuring maximum value creation from the assignment.
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly.
- Ensure that all agreed recommendations are subsequently implemented.
- The position holder is likely to be called upon to be a team member or team leader on various special projects requiring analytical and risk assessment skills.
- Stay abreast of best practices both internally and externally and provide conduit for introducing those practices to the company.
- Be a role model for the company's values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Ensure that the Internal Audit intranet web site delivers value-added materials to the organization.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in finance, business, economics or accounting. CPA/CIA required
- Minimum ten years’ experience in accounting or auditing, including supervisory experience.
- Big 4 audit/accounting experience
- Prior experience managing an internal audit department
- Public company experience
- Leader of strategic projects / initiatives (IPO preferred)
- Exposure to IT audit concepts
- Strong project management experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with senior leadership and associates at all levels of the organization to facilitate the implementation of process recommendations and / or corrective action.
- Works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities