Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise.
The Senior Interior Designer will design and oversee the interior of future models for Karma Automotive.
- Design Oversee Exterior and Interior Design proposals according to design brief.
- 3D Sketch animation design proposals
- Perform benchmarking of competitive vehicles
- Research design and styling trends
- Interface with surfacing, engineering and suppliers
- Comply with regulatory and feasibility requirements.
- Oversee development of components/vehicles from initial designs to final production.
- Create original design proposals for entire model range. From overall theme to detail design.
- Produce 2D Design Proposals.
- Sketch Model 3D Design Proposals.
- Guide CAD/Clay Modelling teams.
- Attend Design and Engineering Meetings.
- Prepare Presentations for upper management
- Collaboration with Engineering, Marketing
- Issue Resolution and negotiation.
- Interact directly with suppliers.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite.
- Autodesk Alias or Maya 3D sketch modelling, Class-A knowledge preferred.
- Design for Manufacturability knowledge.
- Regulatory Knowledge as it relates to Interior Production Design.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
Experience / Education:
- Minimum 7 years of Experience in developing Exterior and/or Interior Vehicle Proposals for OEMs.
- Experience in developing production designs for Automotive Interior Designs.
- Understanding of 3D as it relates to Clay and CAD.
- Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Design or related field preferred (equivalent in extensive experience considered).