DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is the elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you're at the right place.
The Interior Design team has an opening for a Senior Interior Designer in their K-12 Sector.
- Washington D.C.
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Omaha, NE
- Minneapolis, MN
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Austin, TX
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will serve as a leader across offices, regionally, and the firm by participating in regional meetings, forum calls, and interiors committees. At this stage in your career you have a clear design voice, have developed in-depth sector-specific knowledge. In this role you will lead project design efforts, client interactions, and presentations. You will mentor staff, fostering a work environment that emphasizes mutual respect, learning, communication, and collaboration. You will work with Global Sector Leader, Region Leader, and sector-based staff to enable collaborative pursuit, award and execution of work. Additional responsibilities may include, but not be limited to participation in interviews, marketing and business development activities, participation in firm research and development projects, the development of sector tools and marketing materials.
The successful candidate will
- Be a collaborative design team member, leading in thought-leadership throughout all phases of the design process.
- Set a vision and direction for material palettes, reviews and provides feedback to the team for development.
- Set a vision and direction for design concept presentations.
- Have a deep understanding of the research underpinning the Evidence Based Design solutions adding value beyond the traditional FF&E support; and work to generate design support tools.
- Regionally and/or nationally recognized industry expert, continually growing expertise and skill sets.
- Monthly presence on Square 1 promoting thought and experiences of the sector.
- Active participation in the sector forum and knowledge share activities.
- Additional responsibilities as outlined by regional or national leadership.
- Contribute to the development of Construction Documents and specifications, may provide a QA/QC role.
- Set direction and contributes to the development of Furniture packages, may provide a QA/QC role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or equivalent.
- Professional NCIDQ Licensed
- At least 12 years of experience in the K-12 industry with a keen understanding of sector standards and practices.
- Experience in public and private school planning.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple offices.
- Outstanding communication, and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ideal candidates will have industry involvement in relevant market sector organizations.