Description Job Summary: The Senior Interior Designer provides interior design solutions for project teams during the development, planning, and designing of healthcare and senior living buildings. This role performs schematic design work, participates in design control of projects, and is responsible for interior design budget management. The Senior Interior Designer is responsible for projects of all types and scale, and will be assigned as the primary Interior Designer on key projects.
- Design Concepts: Develops design standards and encourages creativity & innovation across department and project teams. Participates in the design control of projects in the design development, construction document, and supervision phase.
- Project Management: Develops and manages interior design budgets, schedules, and scope. Monitors project change orders for compliance with design intent. Directs and manages interior design activities and others contributing to interior design support when leading project design efforts. Reviews interior design documents for code compliance, quality, completeness, and consistency with design objectives, budget, and project scope.
- Client Focus: Leads client discussions and presentations related to interior design concepts and solutions. Provides clients with clear understanding of ERDMAN's strategy and service offerings, and can address questions or concerns related to interior design. Develops and maintains high quality client relationships.
- Leadership: Champion ERDMAN's Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, and Service Offerings so as to inspire others to reach beyond their own expectations.
- Client-Based Project Management: The process of planning, coordinating, and controlling of a project from consulting to completion. Client-based project management is aimed at meeting a client's requirements to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
- Functional Programming & Facility Planning: The process of working with clients to research the scope of work, analyze data, and develop the programing for projects, using a defined body of knowledge relevant to the plan, resulting in optimal use of space and resources.
- Industry Knowledge: Aware of and understands practices, technologies, products/services, events, trends, and regulatory issues that have impact on the healthcare industry, as well as, other related services offered by ERDMAN.
- Influence and Presence: Conducts oneself with poise, self-confidence and professionalism at all times. Wins support, gains cooperation, and establishes credibility with others to directly impact and address their needs and concerns.
- Interior Design: The process of applying a thorough knowledge of interior design with emphasis on design, building materials, construction methods, and technology including the integration of engineering disciplines and building cost and codes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related discipline
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Interior Design Certification (NCIDQ)
- Member of IIDA, ASID or CHID preferred
- LEED certification preferred
- EDAC certification preferred
Relevant Experience & Training:
- 8-15 years of relevant interior design project experience in the A & E industry.
- 5-10 years client-facing experience.
- Mentorship or supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with healthcare or senior living design, including knowledge of industry best practices and trends.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of interior design, furnishings and fixtures with emphasis on design, building materials, and construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines and building cost & codes.
- Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines.
- 10% national travel required.