Senior Interior Designer
11 - 15 years experience •
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Senior Interior Designer provides complete design for designated capital projects. Internal interior design department handles renovations of all hotel areas as scheduled in the yearly capital plan.
Senior Interior Designer reports to Director of Interior Design. The individual’s primary areas of activity and responsibility will be to support Director of Interior Design as needed in the design and management of interior design process on renovation projects.
This position will also will be responsible for designing and managing the individual hotel interior design needs on small projects that are not part of a larger renovation projects. This includes Interior design supervision of items that are needed by the hotel paid for out of the Repair and Maintenance budget or as a direct result of an issue raised during a property visit by Corporate Management. All design selections will be reviewed and approved by Director of Interior Design.
These duties are as follows:
- Assumes responsibility for the interior design project scope-of-work and schedule. Coordinate with the project team under supervision of the Director of Interior Design.
- Develops FF&E estimated budgets and provide estimated quantity take-off information to conform to established project budgets.
- Organizes and coordinate ID concept presentation content, including material/finish boards, color renderings, imagery and concept visuals and related graphics materials. Produce content for all project ID documents (i.e., material trays, FF&E specifications, drawings for design intent, and specification binders) for presentation and construction documentation as needed.
- Develops interior design (quantity and room type) matrices that coordinate with ID drawings, schedules and FF&E specifications.
- Coordinates with Purchasing in order to ensure that design intent is followed.
- Ability to work within a budget and recommend alternate design products to project team when item cannot be produced within project timeframe or exceeds approved budget.
- Coordinates with Property, General Contractor, Purchasing and Vendors at pre-production, production, and installation of FF&E specialty items to ensure that design integrity is maintained.
- Organizes field visits, ID site supervision and interior finish and FF&E punch lists related to interior design scope as required.
- Issues meeting minutes and field visit reports related to interior design project scope.
- Organizes and archive project interior design records.
- Conducts preliminary field surveys for project interior design scope verification.
- Develops interior design concepts and material and finish palettes for projects as independent design effort or part of a team, working under the supervision of the Director of Interior Design.
- Makes FF&E selections that meet project program, budget and schedule.
- Must be able to assemble a complete drawing package with all notes and details.
- Must be able to take the project from concept design to completion independently or as part of a team effort depending on complexity of project.
- Must have experience working on guestroom projects
- Experience designing Axminster Carpet
- Presents the interior design concepts, design intent and other illustrative materials for a project to internal team.
- Interacts with Project Manager for coordination.
- Designs and Coordinates graphics and signage packages.
- Provides direction to questions posed in contractor’s RFI’s that are related to the project interior design intent.
- Reviews and comments on FF&E submittals within the allotted turnaround time. Specifically FF&E shop drawings and CFAs. Must bring examples of shop drawings to interview.
- Works closely with Purchasing and reviews initial project budget forecasts, current cost summary reports, purchase orders and expediting reports.
- Ensures all capital improvement projects are in compliance with the appropriate Brands Standards and Purchasing Programs.
- Works closely with both corporate personnel and hotel personnel as necessary, including Operations, Engineering, Procurement, and Accounting departments.
- Assists in the research of industry design trends, pricing and lead times.
- Assists with maintaining current Interior Design information for the hotel portfolio (i.e.: room matrices, ADA compliance, areas and dimensions of ballrooms and meeting spaces, etc.).
- Helps maintain design resource library.
- 10+ years of working experience in an architectural or interior design organization with emphasis on hospitality design projects. Project management experience is required.
- Team Player with ability to switch gears easily and multitask.
- Must be able to work within fast paced, deadline driven working environment.
- Must be able to work within budget requirements.
- Must have interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Travel approximately 25% of time.
- Bachelor Degree from a 4 or 5 year accredited college degree in Interior Design.
- Daily working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must know AutoCad, Photoshop, Spexx (or equal specs writing software).
- Sketch Up (not required but preferred).
- NCIDQ Certification OR TX State ID Registration Required.
Requisition ID 2018-24551