SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Dallas office of SmithGroupJJR is currently accepting applications for a Sr. Interior Designer to serve a key role in the growth of the office’s Workplace Interiors practice.
We are currently seeking a highly ambitious and experienced Sr. Interior Designer who is interested in helping set an aesthetic standard for commercial/workplace interiors environments and help grow the practice. This includes pursuing creative design solutions and developing meaningful, quality commercial/workplace environments based on best practices and the latest research. This person will be an assertive member of the team with strong connections in the broker and design community and success leading design teams.
Working with us, you will:
- Both actively produce work while balancing business development and marketing initiatives directly connected to new client potential.
- Manage the interior design process for an entire project consistent with project’s program, budget and time constraints; lead/direct the work of other interior designers and technical staff.
- Proactively seek new business and maintain relationships with clients and vendors.
- Be a project leader (design, technical, or management) through all project stages.
- Pursue creative design solutions and develop meaningful, quality workplace environments based on best practices.
- Coordinate with in-house design team, necessary estimators, MEP or other specialty consultants or subcontractors.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior level designers.
An ideal candidate:
- Has a successful track record of award winning design and leadership on corporate interior architecture projects.
- Has strong ties to the design community in the DFW area.
- Has the ability to network and develop collaborative relationships across firms and with clients and brokers.
- Has demonstrated effectiveness working in a team setting, communicating with others, client satisfaction and technical competence.
- Has client-oriented leadership skills in a highly collaborative setting.
- Possess strong technical skills including experience with SketchUp and Revit.
- Has a proven history of developing interior projects from initial programming and space planning through construction administration and completion.
- Has current knowledge of the furnishings industry with the ability to select, budget and specify.
- 10 years of experience and a professional degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture with a strong portfolio in commercial interior architecture including corporate/tenant office interiors.
- LEED® Accreditation (or must be in the process of achieving); NCIDQ certification required; membership in professional organizations such as IIDA or AIA is desirable.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.