- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience.
- Experience designing and shipping software design.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts, and experience working with collaborators across time zones.
About the job
- Master's degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- Experience in leadership, collaboration, communicating and influencing product design strategy while partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- Experience in crafting usable digital interfaces utilizing design tools.
- Ability to lead user-centered design teams while maintaining responsibilities as an individual contributor, ideating products from scratch and improving features.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints/limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world-from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process-from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and build concise user-centric visions and journeys.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, build strong relationships generating buy-in and operationalizing strategy across larger teams and timelines.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes driven by user research, conduct refinements and improvements, and present concepts, proposals, and updates to executive stakeholders.
- Apply a data-driven approach to define a system and integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.