TE Connectivity (TE) is seeking a Senior Intellectual Property Attorney to work in our Wilmington, Delaware office. This position will report to an Associate General Counsel, IP responsible for one of TE’s business segments. The position will support at least one of TE’s Business Units. The successful candidate will be able to work independently to provide legal advice and counseling to BU management and engineering teams.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have experience and ability to:
- Negotiate and draft intellectual property agreements.
- Counsel business unit managers with respect to IP matters and strategy.
- Render opinions on patentability, freedom to operate (patent clearances), and intellectual property enforcement and infringement matters.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Manage the docket and workflow for US and foreign patent portfolio.
- Conduct computer based intellectual property investigations and research.
- Both in-house and law firm experience
- Knowledge of licensing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, highly desired
- Articulate; with the ability to convey complex legal concepts in a comprehensible and actionable business friendly manner; Business Acumen; Critical Thinking and Analysis; Diligence/attention to Detail, Leadership and Teamwork.
- The minimum requirements for a candidate for this position will be graduation of an accredited law school, registration to practice before the USPTO, and admitted to at least one State Bar, plus 7 years of legal experience