The Legal Department is seeking an experienced technology licensing and intellectual property counsel to provide a broad range of strategic IP advice and services to one or more of Micron’s business units. We are looking for a lawyer who can collaborate with senior business leaders and other key personnel to provide practical, risk-balanced advice on IP matters to facilitate achievement of business goals. This role will also involve management of IP litigation matters.
Core responsibilities include:
- Draft and negotiate broad range of intellectual property agreements such as technology development, collaboration, licensing, and confidentiality agreements, and IP-related clauses in other commercial agreements
- Provide counsel, support, and training to business units regarding intellectual property matters, including protection of intellectual property and confidential information, participation in standard setting organizations, and risk assessment and management
- Provide ongoing risk/opportunity assessment of litigation and potential litigation matters
- Provide direction to outside counsel and in-house resources regarding the conduct and resolution of litigation matters
- Manage legal costs, including external counsel fees and discovery expenses
- Some travel, both domestic and international, may be required
- A Juris Doctorate degree with strong academic credentials is required
- 5+ years of experience, in-house or at a top-tier law firm, negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements
- Meaningful experience in patent and/or other intellectual property litigation is preferred
- Registered and in good standing with at least one State Bar
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and practical problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with great interpersonal skills
- Technical undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, physics, or similar field is preferred.