Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As part of PayPal’s Professional Services organization, the Global Business Development and Strategic Partner Integrations team is responsible for delivering integrations of PayPal services across our biggest strategic partners including Apple, Microsoft, and Google.
The Senior Integration Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales business process analysis, product function expertise and engineering support for customers who are implementing PayPal services. This role directly partners with the assigned Relationship Directors, Engagement Managers, and Account Managers who drive business development and ongoing business and operational issues with PayPal Partners throughout the pre-sales, sales, and the end-to-end integration process. The Senior Integration Engineer creates and maintains solution designs for each integration opportunity and supports all technical development, testing and launch requirements of the project. Acting as the “voice of customer,” the Senior Integration Engineer provides feedback to the business leaders, product managers, technology, and other internal groups on best practices, product suitability for each customer, and ease of use on new and existing function/features.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Integration Engineer must be able to work independently and lead discussions with other cross-functional teams, including Account Management, Sales/BD, Integration Engineering, Product Management, Legal, Information Security, Risk and Operations teams across PayPal as required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-sales engineering and leading solution discovery during pre-contractual stages of strategic partnerships
- Develop Solution Designs that define the solution and how it is to be implemented by the partner engineering team
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery
- Represent the full internal and external API capabilities of PayPal and PayPal properties
- Become a recognized technical expert with the internal product set and act as a guide for Business Development partners in identifying potential solutions for new market verticals
- Own technical delivery of a working solution from design, working with partner engineering teams through integration, testing, implementation and launch
- Collaborate closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all aspects of a launch are managed
- Ensure partners implement optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices
- Responsively identifies and troubleshoots integration technical issues both internally and with partner
- Working knowledge of the ecommerce, internet/software and/or payment industries.
- Bachelordegree in computer science.
- 5+ years of experience with Internet and mobiletechnologies including Web Services, SOAP, NVP, HTML/HTTP, iOS, Android and leading web and mobile application frameworks.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.