Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed.
With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American Financial Institution Services (FIS Division) specializes in providing risk management, fee income and product enhancement programs to vehicle lenders and lessors, commercial equipment lenders and mortgage lenders throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Target clients include commercial banks, credit unions, finance companies, buy-here pay-here dealers and leasing and rental concerns.
The FIS Division is currently searching for a Senior Insurance Data Analyst with at least 6 years of related experience in establishing rates, pricing models, SOX compliance, and the ability to compile and evaluate statistical data at an intermediate or complex level.
The candidate should be able to perform under limited supervision and be able to develop forecasting methodologies using a variety of software to capture data.
- Prepares and performs actuarial analyses to assist in the development of complex actuarial formulations leading to the recommendation of pricing strategies, reserving, and / or risk position
- Prepares all requiredactuarial information to be submitted with various filings with state insurance departments
- Analyzes data from multiple sources and develops reports and spreadsheets
- Analyzes data for validity and accuracy in preparation for assigned reports
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of data sources content and structure to assess the quality of data
- Provides actuarial information related to catastrophe modeling
- Develops rate indications, evaluates pricing levels and analyzes profitability and communicates results
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas
- At least 6 years of Insurance industry experience is required (property & casualty insurance pricing, analytics or product development); reinsurance knowledge a plus
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or equivalent business experience
- Passed 1-3 actuarial exams, but not actively pursuing the Associateship in the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation, a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
- Experience working with SQL or a similar language a plus
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with department staff, other company employees, and contacts outside the company
- Ability to organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision