The candidate will support on-market and sustaining engineering activities for the Abbott Hematology Platform.
- Apply experimental techniques, statistical analysis & engineering investigation techniques (DMAIC) to identify, define, and recommend solutions to significant technical problems.
- Design, plan, and conduct experiments to assess the technical capability, feasibility, and performance of sub-systems and systems
- Develop and execute formal protocols, perform analysis and interpretation of results - documenting findings clearly and concisely.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and apply systems thinking, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting to generate innovative ideas to improve products or processes
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or closely related discipline with five or more years progressive work experience. Exceptions to the degree requirement at this level require approval of the appropriate level of Senior Management. Four to six years progressive work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering field. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant, progressively more responsible work experience in medical product development and/or a graduate degree with relevant project experience.
- Experience working within a regulated medical device industry
- Understanding of complex electro-mechanical/optical systems including flow cytometry, digital microscopy, lab automation.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct tests of complex electronics or microprocessor based medical systems.
- Demonstrated structured troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Experience using MATLAB, SAS, JMP, R, MiniTab, or LabVIEW for scripting, data analysis, or automation