- Teach SELU courses.
- Serve as technical owner of SELU courses, including leading and conducting technical course development activities for SELU and owning the creation and development and delivery.
- Consult with customers to develop training plans that meet customer needs.
- Apply new learning technologies and processes to course development and delivery.
- Evaluate course results and effectiveness and improve courses based on the data.
- Contribute to the formation and evaluation of SELU external instructors.
- Model and teach SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience with relevant power systems or industrial systems practices
- Detailed knowledge and wide industry recognition in one of these fields: power system protection, automation, or communications; working knowledge of the other two fields
- Familiarity in applying SEL products to utility and/or industrial power systems
- Ability to work independently, accepting complete ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Ability in project management
- Excellent technical training, speaking and writing skills
- Willingness to travel 40% of the time
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Electric utility, consulting or system integrator experience
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Sciences
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.