Senior Instructor / Developer
5 - 7 years experience •
Instructor Duties and Responsibilities:
Overseeing the training program for the Digital Evidence Laboratory. Delivering classroom instruction to digital evidence examiners. Responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting classroom instruction to digital forensic examiners on forensic data collections and processing on Windows-, Linux-, and MAC-based desktop/laptop computer systems, servers to include SQL, Exchange and Files Shares, mobile devices, and related digital storage media.
This position delivers training through various modalities, including but not limited to live classroom instruction and recorded video instruction.
Up to 5% travel.
To deliver effective instruction, through various modes, in the following areas:
- Using digital forensic software to conduct examinations
- The makeup and investigation of common computer file systems
- The makeup and investigation of computer operating systems
- The makeup and investigation of computer networks
- The makeup and investigation of mobile devices
- To support the design and develop course materials in the training curriculum.
- To support the design and develop of technical forum and conference presentation material.
- Ability to teach material that is engaging and motivating in accordance with assigned course schedule.
- Establish and follow meaningful learning objectives.
- Provide assistance and engage in other duties and projects not specifically associated with providing course instruction, to include but not limited to, administering and maintaining classroom computers, networks, instructional hardware and general classroom upkeep.
- Ability to review and evaluate course materials and make appropriate recommendations and update course material as needed.
- Assist and support training material development using DEA styles, standards, and development tools.
- Keep abreast of current materials, technologies, methodologies and incorporate into training materials.
- Advanced knowledge in computer forensics. Advanced course study or curriculum development experience may be considered for this requirement.
- Possess 1 non-vendor specific Digital Forensics Certification (e.g., IACIS® Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) or ISFCE Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)) and 1 tool-Specific Digital Forensics Certifications (e.g., EnCase® Certified Examiner (EnCE). AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), or Cellebrite Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME)).
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop complex, technical training materials.
- Being prepared to travel to other facilities to assist with the delivery of course material.
Requires 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Must have a Secret Clearance