The Senior Instructional Designer keeps abreast of and applies industry standards/methodology and research/theory (i.e., training, science of learning, and cognition). The Senior Instructional Designer is adept at working in both agile (SAM) and waterfall (ADDIE) environments and expected to lead multiple projects and demonstrate a hands-on behavior during all SAM/ADDIE phases.
The position will report to Learning Solutions Task Order Manager
- Designs blended learning solutions, using creative, innovative, and evidence-based approaches and works with subject-matter experts to develop dynamic learning solutions and curriculum for ILT, vILT, eLearning, and performance support solutions that are in adherence with any provided documentation standards; to include:
- ILT to vILT conversions
- Performance support tools
- Content sequencing and outlines
- Detailed storyboards
- Final deliverables
- Training of trainer
- Solicits and incorporates feedback from subject matter experts and assesses feedback to make appropriate changes to learning solutions.
- Conducts multi-faceted curriculum analysis and content mapping including research, document reviews, Zoom interviews/focus groups, information gathering sessions, and final report authoring to include recommendations.
- Ensures the creation of all learning solutions maintain high standards of excellence in design, instructional soundness, and meet the learning needs within the project parameters (e.g., time, budget, learning objectives)
- Identifies and champions creative thinking to design and develop advanced learning methods to engage learners, continuously striving to use new and inventive ways to facilitate learning.
- Plans, executes, and manages workplans (MS Project) and learning designs to ensure stakeholders are appropriately informed and support the proposed learning approach.
- Facilitates and/or participates in train-the-trainer, pilot sessions, and course overviews, as necessary.
- Labor Rate of Pay: Final rate will be negotiated based on relevant/related experience.
- Our commitment to diversity is reflected in our recognition that innovation, creativity, and progress are best achieved when we leverage varying backgrounds and experiences. For us, diversity is much more than just providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Our policies, procedures, and processes are specifically designed to ensure that we are proactively building a strong, inclusive and diverse workforce. We are culturally diverse, with a global workforce of more than 5,000, speaking 90 languages and representing 80 different nationalities. As a growing global organization, we strive to be racially and ethnically diverse. We are intellectually diverse, with degrees in more than 250 fields that range from accounting to zoology, enabling us to collaborate effectively with researchers and clients in many fields and professions. We are also diverse in other ways and come from a variety of life circumstances, as shown in the definition of diversity.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Development, Communication, International Development or other related fields with at least 9 years of experience required in the design and delivery of learning programs; OR a Bachelor's degree with at least 12 years of experience in the design and delivery of learning programs.
- At least three (3) years of experience in successful project management of the design, development, and delivery of innovative learning solutions.
- Demonstrated fluency in instructional design with a focus on blended learning and microlearning.
- Demonstrated fluency in e-learning, VILT, and ILT design and development, webinar production, and in-person facilitation.
- Demonstrated fluency in the application of adult learning theories and leading-edge instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated fluency with e-learning authoring programs (e.g., Articulate Storyline 2 and Adobe: Captivate, Premiere, Connect), SCORM, Section 508 compliance, and course LMS preparation.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in cross-cultural environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information, under tight , and with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet and multitask.
- Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines; flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to receive United States government security clearance.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
- Experience with U.S. government – in particular, USAID – is preferred.
- Experience in development is preferred.
- Experience working on development projects is preferred.
- Individuals with active USG security clearance are preferred.