At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Come join a world class training team building innovative solutions for global delivery. Our Customer Support organization is dedicated to helping and empowering people to live healthier more active lives. The training team serves an essential role in making that mission a success. The Senior Instructional Designer-Developer will focus on new product, process, tool, and feature trainings. As part of this team the Instructional Designer-Developer will apply strong project management skills to collaborate with T&D team members, SMEs, and other non-T&D team members on new and existing projects. New ideas and creative minds welcome!
The Instructional Designer-Developer will report to the Manager of Customer Support Training & Development.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Training materials development that supports Fitbit’s Customer Service department goals
- Designing and developing engaging training materials within accelerated development environment using rapid development tools (Captivate, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, other)
- Using T&D templates and design protocols
- Creation of multi-modal (Synchronous, Asynchronous, e-learning, ILT) training solutions for multiple delivery channels(LMS, Directed communication, live)
- General training solutions development across multiple topic areas including (but not limited to) hardware/firmware, software, process, procedure, regulatory and soft-skills
- Partner with SMEs across the organization for discovery and needs assessment to build strong working relationships
- Revision/editing of existing training materials
- Meeting assigned deadlines and delivery schedules for multiple projects in tandem projects while displaying adequate project management skills
- Keep up to date with current trends in Learning & Development to support and innovative training development
- 7+years instructional designexperience
- Demonstrate application of accepted Instructional Design methodology and practice
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Instructional Design, Education, or Educational Technology (or verifiable equivalent experience)
- Evaluate effectiveness and success of training programs/interventions
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Advanced skills in the use of:
- MS PowerPoint
- Rapid Development Software (Captivate, Articulate Storyline etc)
- Intermediate skills in the use of:
- Photo-editing software
- Graphic Design software
- Belief in the value of participating in, and contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Able to work both in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Ability to accurately gather, organize and analyze data and information
- Deadline/goal oriented
- Positive, open attitude with problem solving abilities
- Belief in value of quality customer service as an integral component of a successful organization
- Ability to be handle ambiguity and comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
- Ability to set and adjust priorities based upon dynamic company/business needs
- Comfort with occasional international travel
- Ability to productively interact in a multicultural environment
- Belief in the value of personal fitness and health
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience
- Curriculum design for non-native English speakers
- Graphic designexperience
- Customer Service experience
- Contact Center (Phone, email, chat support) tier 1 and/or tier 2 agent experience
- Technical Help-Desk agent experience
- Basic HTML/XML knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.