Req Id 63441
The Houston Refinery was one of the first petroleum refineries constructed on the Houston Ship Channel and traces its origin to 1918. This is a high visibility position and will provide ample opportunities for growth. You will work with a team of dedicated, highly-trained professionals. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package and pension plan.
The Unit Inspector ensures all stationary equipment mechanical integrity activities for the refinery meets or exceeds the requirements of Local Regulations, Corporate Inspection, Engineering and Maintenance Standards, Site Inspection Procedures and the Inspection Workflow Processes.
- Primary QA/QC role for assigned area.
- Knowledgeable of ASME design codes and champions inspection code compliance.
- Reviews the Global Asset Integrity Standard (GAIS) for fixed equipment for Operational Excellence, corporate inspection and maintenance standards, and HRO site specific procedures, standards.
- Executes required management systems for inspection and maintenance of fixed equipment.
- Prepares the requiredinspection procedures and manages any required corrective actions.
- Proactively implements improvements and best practices in the IWP identified by LyondellBasell Industries (LBI).
- Manages the inspectiondatabase, ensuring data is accurate.
- Executing the scheduled inspections within assigned area (Internals, Externals, PSV’s, and Recs.)
- Execute Turnarounds as directed by inspectionsupervisor.
- Assist planners with ITP’s as needed.
- Dialog with Maintenance and Asset manager, OMC, and Team Leads to update them on inspection issues in their areas.
A high school or two year technical degreewith a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical or chemical process industries is required. At least three of the following certifications are preferred (API-510, 570, 653, 571, 580 and AWS-CWI). In addition, NACE Basic Corrosion Coating course and a 32+ hour industry course relating to corrosion, metallurgy, or cathodic protection are preferred. The individual must be certifiable as Level II NDE technician to perform UT (straight beam), MT, PT, VT and RT (film interpretation).