Our Aviation Group is seeking a Senior Inspector who will support the coordination and implementation of construction projects related to terminal construction at a major airport (IAH). Our Senior Inspector ensures projects adhere to all plans and regulations
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily construction activities.
- Manage the inspection of Contractor’s work for conformance to contract documents.
- Read and interpret contract documents.
- Responsible for maintaining as constructed drawings.
- Coordinate on-site material testing.
- Daily coordination with engineering, client, maintenance, and operations staff.
- As needed, review and make recommendation on pay requisitions.
- Must effectively communicate work schedule, activities, and work areas to coordinate appropriate closures of work areas.
- Monitor and analyze contractors’ work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications and legal requirements.
- Mentor and train junior staff/ inspectors.
- Understand contract plans, specifications and budget and make recommendations for construction issues, and ensure it is completed in accordance with contract documents.
- As needed, resolve design and field construction problems.
- As needed, facilitate/lead progress meetings and report on project status.
- Expedite design and field changes to drawings and specifications.
- As needed, review contractor requests for change and when appropriate, assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications.
- Work with safety lead and communicate and implement safety rules, policies and procedures in support of the safety vision and goals to contractors and subordinate personnel.
- Examines field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of construction and understanding of various design and construction methods
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated written/verbal and communication skills
- Understanding of standard construction requirements
- Ability to solve field problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
- Effective leadership skills, taking initiative on tasks and delegating tasks to other team members
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients
- Must have general computer skills and familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- May sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, doing extensive walking/standing. Specific projects may require work near heavy construction equipment, construction sites, and airport runways and taxiways
- Work environment will require use of construction/inspection safety equipment and adherence to applicable safety protocol is required
- Current driver’s license and ability to obtain airport security badge and pass required security background check
- If needed, ability and willingness to work off-shifts, particularly overnight and on weekends for airport construction is required
Education and Experience
- 20 years of validated inspection experience, or 10 years’ experience degree in civil engineering or construction management or related field
- Previous experience with any of airports construction, FAA, or DOT projects required