At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., we have been around for 175 years and it’s not just because of the high-quality product we provide, but because of the dedicated, ambitious and hard-working individuals who drive outstanding customer service on a consistent, day-to-day basis. In this case, correlation IS causation, and is a major reason why Ryerson is experiencing both domestic and international growth on a grand scale within the metals industry.
We’re looking for a team player, a go-getter, an enthusiastic communicator, thoughtful listener and someone with a desire to grow and succeed on our winning team in Lancaster, NY as a Senior Inside Sales Representative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily interaction with large customer base on contractual and transactional business
• Following up and out calling for direct sales
• Proposal writing
• Sales presentations
• Understanding the goals and concepts of our business and incorporating business goals to achieve sales and profitability
• Working closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, systems, warehouse, and other departments in the company.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 7-10 years of metal distribution sales experience required
• Knowledge of metal fabrication is preferred
• Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
• Basic math skills including conversions, Algebra and Geometry; mechanical aptitude
• Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required; experience within CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce.com) and SAP, AS400 or BlueZone operating platforms beneficial
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
• High energy, positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented, driven with a passion to excel
• Flexible and solutions-oriented
• High degree of business ethics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.