Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technologies and enjoy turning the ideas from napkin sketches into the real products that your customers love to use? Do you like the challenges of identifying and solving problems with technologies? Are designing beautiful systems and writing great codes part of your DNA? If the phrase “think out of the box” doesn’t mean anything to you because for you, there is no box. Then we would like to talk to you.
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a small and fast-moving team that will help create new ideas to solve business problems through rapid prototypes. Your role is to collaborate with the product owners and other business partners on creating the ideas and to lead junior engineers in the team to implement these ideas into products for beta-tests. You will also work withother technologists to keep yourself up-to-date with new technologies that are used in Schwab and make sure that your team’s prototypes can be successfully implemented in our production systems.
What you have:
- Strong desire to “wow” our customers.
- Passionate in cutting-edge technologies, intolerant to poor product designs.
- Enjoy finding the new ways to solve problems.
- Work well with a diverse team of business and technology partners to get things done quickly.
- Well-versed in Agile process and familiar with various Agile tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with mobile app development (iOS and/or Android), big plus if you have published apps in app stores.
- Not afraid to learn, can move from one technology to another very quickly.
- BA/BS is required
All candidates must be able to provide work samples (screen shots, links to apps, blogs, etc.) with your application.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life