Docker is growing very quickly. We need top-notch Infrastructure/Site Reliability Engineers who can help us build and support an array of world-class product and service offerings. The current focus of the team is to strengthen Docker's products by providing feedback based on our experience using Docker in a live production environment. We leverage Docker products and our cloud providers to build self-service infrastructure for our SaaS application teams and Docker Engineering teams in general.
Some of the best Linuxprogrammers in the world work for us or contribute to our open-source projects regularly. The technology we’re working on is having an ever-expanding impact on how software is developed and distributed. If you’d like to be a part of this historic time in Docker’s growth, please do apply!
- Coding chops. Docker is a product made by and for developers. It’s important for members of the Infrastructure Team to be competent programmers in order to interact with otherengineering groups and for automating our infrastructure.
- Deep experience with cloud environments and/or infrastructure as code.
- Linux fundamentals. The more knowledge you have of Linux the better. System calls, iptables rules, and kernel features are the shoulders on which the Docker daemon stands.
- Container proficiency - how they work and how to use them in production.
- Networking familiarity - including DNS, HAProxy, container networking, etc
- Experience with centralized logging and metrics (Prometheus, ELK, etc)
- Start-up experiencepreferred
- Computer Science degreepreferred