Headquartered in the Central Florida city of Lakeland, Summit employs over 700 office and field associates at its main location and regional offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Gainesville, Georgia. As the people who know workers’ comp, we strive to provide an atmosphere of constant growth and development for our employees.
Summit provides workers’ compensation programs and services to thousands of employers throughout the Southeast.
Summit is a member of Great American Insurance Group, a company that focuses on building relationships and linking people to various career paths. Whether it’s underwriting, claims, accounting, IT, legal, or customer service, Great American Insurance Group combines a small-company entrepreneurial atmosphere with big- company expertise.
- Designs, integrates, implements and maintains the IT securityinfrastructure including internal firewalls, IPS/IDS and secure remote access
- Assesses potential systems vulnerabilities to determine securityinfrastructure requirements and provide recommendations for remediation
- Develops policies and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to data, infrastructure, and end systems
- Provides guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of information and infrastructure systems
- Researches security trends, new methods and techniques used in unauthorized access of data preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach
- Educates and communicates security requirements and procedures to users and team members
- Ensures adherence to company Network Architectural guidelines, principles, and standards in all project milestones and deliverables as well as industry regulations and privacy laws
- Budget & manage project implementations to meet requirements
- Translates business requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or a related discipline
Experience: 8 or more years of related experience.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols
- Experience with major routing protocols like BGP and OSPF and load balancing technologies
- Minimum of five years network engineering experience with Network Firewalls in a mid-size or larger corporate environment
- Prior experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: Ethernet, 802.1d VLANs/STP, various 802.x, IPv4, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, Redundancy protocols, SNMP, syslog, Radius/TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow/sflow, DNS, HTTP, application performance, packet capture and analysis
- Technology set includes: Cisco and Juniper switching, Infoblox DNS, Checkpoint FW, Fortigate FW, Aruba Wireless/Aruba Clearpass NAC, Microsoft OS
- Experience in documentation as well as creating and maintaining maintenance plans, network diagrams, and configurations standards, etc.