As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on Storage in our team, you are responsible to collaborate with our application software engineers in order to engineer and evolve the persistence layer of our cloud native infrastructure following CNCF blueprints. You should also provide technical direction within team, assist peers and mentor junior team members.
Who we are
We are a product first company with headquarters in Silicon Valley and other offices around the globe. We are building the next-generation LotusFlare DNO™ stack for mobile operators, allowing them to scale and grow engagement channels with their subscribers.
We believe that by working at LotusFlare you have a unique opportunity to:
- Grow on a personal level by picking up best practices and experience in software and product development.
- Work with top engineering executives and engineers who proved themselves in companies like Facebook and Microsoft.
- Make an impact in the lives of millions of people by making mobile internet more affordable and accessible.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join us and help us in disrupting the telco industry!
- Design, engineer and evolve our cloud persistence layer based on open technologies.
- Manage blockstorage, filestorage, RDBs, NoSQL and caching technologies that fuel the LotusFlare stack.
- Provide real-time solutions and enable a highly scalable, highly performant and highly robust persistence layer, easy to access from our codebase.
- Engage with software engineers to analyse use cases and provide a great user experience for software engineers interacting with our persistence layer.
- Continuous improvements based on profiling the access profiles, assessing new technologies, scaling, upgrading and re-architecting the storage layer with zero impact on the services will be the interesting challenge you will be facing in this role.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other equivalent technical disciplines
- 4+ years experience with using a broad range of cloud native technologies and stacks (e.g. AWS, Azure, CNCF technology landscape projects) with emphasis on data storage and cloud security
- Strong background in one or multiple storage technologies: network file storage, network attached blockstorage, RBDs like MySQL, NoSQL DBs like Cassandra, key-value stores and caches like Redis and memcache
- Deep experience in performance tuning, profiling and scaling of network storage solutions
- Excellent scripting and automation skills, implementing in Python, Go and similar languages
- Continuous build and continuous delivery stacks including artifact and container repositories, container runtimes based on kubernetes
- Developer tools for source control, static code analysis and test automation frameworks
- Linux kernel experience
- Good networking and network security knowledge
- Cloud native infrastructure stack experience with tools like terraform, ansible and etcd
- Experience with metrics and logging solutions (Thanos/Prometheus, ELK stack)
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Solid automation experience with configuration management tools
- Competitive salary package.
- Paid lunch.
- Private healthcare.
- Yearly bonus.
- Company stock options.
- Trainings and workshops.
- Truly flexible working hours.