Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Social Media Link (SML) is the leading advocacy activation company that amplifies social media conversation for brands. Leveraging platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest to engage influencers and amplify consumer advocacy, we focus on delivering our partners the most powerful enterprise engagement and activation technology. SML makes it easy to foster impactful, authentic and trusted reviews and recommendations across social media, triggering action and amplifying the consumers voice and experience with a brand.
SML is proud to work with clients like Unilever, P&G, Church & Dwight, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Pfizer, NBC, Heineken, Seventh Generation, Coty, bing, Kimberly Clark, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and more.
As an early-stage and profitable marketing and software services company we are growing fast and are looking for folks who are passionate, innovative, fearless, and adaptable. SML offers a great company culture where employees have the opportunity to make an impact among a growing team of energetic people who work hard, help each other through collaboration, leveraging learning’s and having fun.
- Responsible for collaborating on and executing community cloud vision; assisting thought leadership in cloud infrastructure and cloud services architecture to meet client's operational objectives for cloud-based marketing solutions.
- Implementing technical architecture for cloud solutions that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Identifying new cloud technologies and platforms to assist in solving technical challenges or limitations in the existing infrastructure.
How would you like to go “meta” with your work on AWS infrastructures? Similar to a number of our customers, Social Media Link (SML) operates a large, complex and growing AWS infrastructure spread over multiple environments using novel AWS features.
What should the AWS infrastructure look like when SML supports and monitors an order of magnitude more servers and services? If you think you have the answers, join us as an Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
What you will do
- Work with our chief architect to secure, manage, and automate all aspects of our AWS infrastructure (compute, storage, api, network, permissions, cost)
- Work with the rest of the Engineering team to support orders of magnitude more brands, advocates, ambassadors, and influencers
- Guide and inspire the teams in data science best practices, and evangelize strategic use of data throughout the business
- Monitor aspects of usage that impact billing and implement changes to optimize our bill
- Institute and own our corpus of AWS IAM policies that does not get in the way yet provides provable guarantees of a trustworthy infrastructure
- Ensure the AWS infrastructure upholds requiredsecurity guarantees
- Implement and help evaluate cutting edge AWS features to support SML’s goals
Who you must be
- You have a BS/MS in a scientific field with 5+ years of experience in the software product / SaaS industry in infrastructure, systems integration, and software development roles
- You have a track record as an engineer in the operations of a substantial AWS infrastructure
- You have experience with Docker, Terraform, and CircleCI
- You have mastered working with the AWS API and common automation tools
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You are fluent in Docker, Terraform, AWS IAM, AWS Lambda, Cloudfront, Elastic Beanstalk, and other AWS services
- You have experience in building and integrating external third party APIs.
- You have familiarity with Agile based approaches to software development.
- You are a Linux expert.
- You have experience with Git, branching and deployment strategies
- You are equally at ease with the latest security standards, GDPR, etc.