Products and TechnologyJob Details
Salesforce is looking to hire a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the IT Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Infrastructure team. This role would primarily be responsible for the implementation of our global network to newly acquired companies' branch offices. The position will closely partner with the Real Estate team in determining the appropriate strategy for each office, which includes discovery and analysis, ordering of equipment and circuits, and ensuring Salesforce security policies are enforced.
Qualified candidates must have a strong background in office network build-outs, network security, and vendor and budget management. This position will require domestic and international travel. Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activities and processes a plus.
- Point of contact for IT in all Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activities related to office network integration or build-outs.
- Partner with Salesforce Real Estate and the local IT team to develop the office network strategy.
- Perform discovery and assessment of the office that includes the network, physical space, power and cooling capacity of computer room, audio/video capabilities of conference rooms, and document findings.
- Develop any short term integration strategies as necessary.
- Create an implementation plan to hand to the deployment teams.
- Manage the deployment of Palo Alto Networks based firewall solutions for network protection and monitoring.
- Ensure Salesforce security standards are met for the network.
- Create a budget and procure the necessary hardware and network circuits. Manage vendor relationships and timelines.
- Create any operational support models needed for each location that may require legacy infrastructure to be maintained.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent certification or experience.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 8-10 years experience in building and supporting large scale enterprise networks.
- Network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls, firewalls, etc) from leading technology vendors such as Cisco, Nexus, Palo Alto Networks
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN/MAN, DMVPN, MPLS, VPN, SDWAN.
- Proficiency working with access control lists (ACLs), TCP/IP, VLAN, VRF, Port Security
- Must be a self starter. Ability to multitask, ability to prioritize multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience presenting highly conceptual and/or detailed designs to executives, mid-level management, fellow architects, and peer engineers.
- Experience in audio / video conferencing room solutions a plus (Chrome for Meetings, Zoom, Lifesize, Webex, etc)